2014/08/08

Movie Review : Mao's Last Dancer

I saw the movie called Mao's last dancer last week Sunday. The movie called "Mao's last dancer" is the real story about Li cunxin (Chinese). This movie directed by Bruce Beresford in 2009. This movie was organialize by book called "Mao's last dancer" by Li cunxin.

1. Themes

There are few themes in this movie. Those are :

1. Biology
2. Drama
3. Romance

2. Characters

There are lots of characters in this movie. They are :

1. Li Cunxin : who is the main charater of this movie. He is from China. He is goes to the United states to dance without family.
2. Teacher Chan : who is the teacher of Li Cunxin. He inspried Li to enjoy the ballet, when he wasn't enjoying. He talked about a frog in the wall.
3. Mary Mclcendry : who is the Australian ballerina. She is the second wife of Li, and dance partner of Li.

3. Setting

Basically, there are 3 big setting in this movie.
1. China : where Li Cunxin lived when he was young.
2. United Sated : where Li Cunxin lived and performanced when he become adult.
3. Austrila : where Li Cunxin living after marrying with Mary Mclcendry.

4. Plot


The movie started by Li visting the United State. However, this movie is inverse order. It means that the movie isn't in chornological order. It switchs with past and present. If I talk in chornological order, he born in China and study hard in China. He becomes the chosen one for represent his hometown and goes to Beijing. He doesn't like to ballet at that point. However he met the teacher called Chan, and he talkes about frog in the wall, and give video. He saw the video that Mr. Chan gave. He saw that Mr. Chan ballet freely in the stage. So he move to United State where he can dance freely and have new advangture with new culture and FREEDOM.

5. My opinion aoubt this movie


I liked this movie, because this movie inspired me in lots of ways. This movie tought me how to lead others well to people who is around me, and how to succes on things that I enjoy to do. I think this is the top 5 movie that inspired and gave moral lots to me. If I rate this movie, I will give 4 out of 5.

6. Two questions that I have to answer

1. What lessons can you learn from this movie?
I learned that if you try best, you can do every thing. During this movie, Li tries his best in ballet, and become the best and powerful ballerino in US. I thought if I try best I can be best on particular part. 

2. What qualities of leadership can you learn from the characters in "Mao's Last Dancer"?
For Chan, I learned how to lead others well. I learned that great leaders can give hope and let others to try to become best.


2 comments:

  1. i bet you were thinking of someone when you saw that movie hahah:) it was a good movie right??????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA Wendy's awesome!!! Hope you were thinking of David Park (aka Seho Park)...lol just kidding. If you ask me, I wasn't thinking of anyone^^

      Delete